Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Meet David, Private Investigator and Translator

David is a licensed private investigator with experience in corporate investigations, missing persons, background investigations, unlisted phone number investigations, and email investigations just to name a few. He has experience working in Japan and the USA. He has access to US and Canadian databases. Japan has no databases, but he has methods and connections with that country.

He is also an experienced translator who can speak, read, and write Japanese fluently. He has translated several different kinds of documents including but not limited to legal documents, a computer game, and manga. His college degrees are Japanese (scored the highest on Jouyou Kanji Test), Criminal Justice (awarded most valued student), and TESL/TEFL.

In short, he will work hard until your work is done. Learn more at privatedetectiveagency.us.

1. How did you first get started working as a private investigator?

My father worked many years as an FBI agent. There was a lot of influence there. I did look into the FBI and CIA as possible career choices. However, I was disappointed to find out just how politicized government agencies can sometimes get. Politicians make shady deals at times, and government agencies get caught in the middle. I decided to create my own agency so I didn't have worry about any of that. Therefore, I majored in Criminal Justice while earning private investigation hours as an apprentice. After I graduated, I worked in a private investigation agency in Tokyo, Japan. Those hours added up, and I was able to receive an agency license for my own company.

2. We've seen lots of "private eyes" on TV and in the movies, but how does the reality of private investigation differ from the image portrayed in the media?

The media often confuses private investigation with police work. This misunderstanding is especially seen in Sherlock Holmes movies where he is working side by side with the police. It is good to have friends in law enforcement, but private investigators do not partner up with law enforcement every day. They do their job, and we do ours. I sometimes report illegal activity to the police when I find evidence of criminal activity, but that is about all there is with any "partnership."

We don't arrest people and if we do any criminal act, our license can be revoked. Television dramas often have private investigators picking locks and committing home invasions. This is an illegal act and is not done by any private investigator that wants to keep his license. Jessica Jones even pulled a fire alarm in a hotel and unlawfully detained a suspect. She would be arrested and her licensed revoked in the real world.

Private investigators are in the information business. We investigate and give information to our clients.

3. For people who have never hired an investigator before, what's your advice in terms of knowing when hiring someone would be helpful or productive?

The first thing you need to know is if they are licensed. Illegal agencies do exist, and I wouldn't recommend using one. Then you need to find out if they specialize in whatever it is you need to find out. I specialize in corporate investigations, background checks, missing persons, unlisted phone numbers, and email investigations for both the USA and Japan.

4. Does your work as a translator sometimes intersect with your investigation work?

Yes, it does. In Japan, I also translated legal documents and emails for the agency I was working for. It also intersects when the client is American and the case is in Japan or vice versa because I need to translate all the findings for the client.

5. What else would you like readers to know about you and the services you have available online?

I have a history with some very difficult cases and will work in an effective manner to get your case solved. My website is privatedetectiveagency.us. The website for my partner in Japan is yaminotantei.org. This means I have investigators on site in both countries. Clients may contact either one of us.

Thanks, David!

No comments:

Post a Comment